Email messages are often being ignored, banner ads bypassed. What’s the marketing solution? Brian Mikes of Betwext says SMS Text campaigns are the key to reaching your target audience. Learn how to start using text marketing in this episode. ThinkLikeAJournalist.com
Brian is a serial entrepreneur and now the marketing manager and co-owner of Betwext.com. Betwext is an online software helping small businesses and organizations use text messaging to connect & communicate with customers, prospects, and employees.
Brian’s started in corporate finance raising over $5 billion in funding for small businesses and advising CEOs on mergers and acquisitions. He’s founded, or invested in 10 different startups, and consults with small business owners all across the united states.
Special Offer To Try Betwext Text Messaging
Text “promo” to 480.400.7877 for our special promotion or use this link http://bit.ly/1ORLlyu
Special offer is for the Gold package 25% off discount.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“It is important to invest your energy into things you know work, and we know that SMS works and is a thing to focus on.” –Tom Daily, the Director of Mobile, Search and Global Connections from an article Everything You Need To Know To Run A Successful SMS Campaign
Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. –Jonathan Swift
Be willing to look at things others won’t… for example a respected business man told me he hates getting text messages and to get away from this archaic technology… but now text messaging is more prevalent than ever.
Brian has been a long-time serial entrepreneur involved in several startups. Hear how he helped generate a million in sales over a two-week period.
When It Didn’t Work!
Assuming what worked in the past will work in the future. Find out how this impacted Brian and what he learned when he attempted to launch a new product after having major success earlier in the year. He copied the original idea and it flopped. The market had changed but Brian and his team “were too stuborn to notice”. Find out what he learned from this when it didn’t work moment.
How To Run A Successful SMS Text Campaign
Pew research center: 64% own a smartphone / 90% have a cell phone. The Number 1 use of a cell phone is to send and receive Text Messages 81% use, 60% use internet, 52% email. Did you know? Smartphone users look at their phone on average every 7 minutes!
Crazy ways to use text message marketing with personal brands / businesses / people
- Collect contact information.
- Distribute information.
- Identify VIP customers… Nightclub in L.A.
- Promote specials… used by food service – 10% off, free coke, free desert on next visit… etc.
- Connect with customers…. (Herb sister… Happy Mothers day – made $1400)
- Distribute company / product information… (vape co)
- Provide inspiration… fitness instructor.alert followers…. blog posts / new reports / special events.
- Use text messaging for: event reminderr, webinars, contests, live events at conferences (change in schedule) updates, advertising, to communicate with employees.
- Big brands are using it every day… Coke, Wendy’s.
How do you create a great texting campaign? The same way you create a great email campaign.
- Understand texting isn’t the end-all be-all… use with email, social media, direct mail for best results.
- Build your list (use a keyword that’s easy to remember) and collect names everywhere… offer a gift in exchange for a name, email, and number.
- Send them a welcome message and tell them how frequently you send texts and how to get off the list.
- Communicate regularly… but not too frequently… and always give them a call-to-action (ALWAYS)!
- Keep it short and on point.
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
One book, documentary, or Internet Channel to watch?
Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand –I think it should be mandatory reading for anyone in public office.
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!