Have you lost “that loving feeling” when it comes to your work? If so, you’re not alone. In this episode, author and successful businessman, Scott Mautz, shares who to ignite your passion for your work again.
Get a free copy of Scott’s Find the Fire workbook, click here.
Scott Mautz is a popular keynote speaker and the author of the upcoming book Find the Fire: Reignite Your Inspiration & Make Work Exciting Again. The October 2017 release is the anticipated follow up to Make It Matter: How Managers Can Motivate by Creating Meaning – book that has received many accolades including “The 2106 Leadership Book of the Year –First Runner Up”.
His past credits and accolades include:
● He’s a Procter & Gamble veteran who successfully ran several of the company’s largest multi-billion dollar businesses, including their single largest, a $3 billion-dollar division, all while transforming organizational health scores along the way.
● He’s been named a “CEO Thought-leader” by The Chief Executives Guild and a “Top 50 Leadership Innovator” by Inc. Magazine, where he also writes a bi-weekly column for the national publication.
● Scott is an Adjunct Professor at Indiana University where he teaches others-oriented leadership and the secret to sustaining motivation.
● Scott’s also the CEO of Profound Performance LLC, a keynote and training company that helps you
Work, Lead, & Live Fulfilled.
● He’s appeared in Harvard Business Review, Entrepreneur, and many other national publications and podcasts.
I have done stand up comedy in the past.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.” –Sister Mary Lauretta
Success Quote Tip
Go for authenticity, not approval.
Scott considers his first book getting published his career highlight. Find out why.
When It Didn’t Work
When Scott was a younger manager he would get inundated because he didn’t know how to push back when his managers were trying to give him too much work. This made him less effective. Find out what he learned about how to effectively and successfully push back.
Top Tips How to become Inspired by and Passionate about Your Work Again
- Don’t ask the wrong question about your inspiration?
- The things that inspire us are passive?
- How did I lose my inspiration in the first place? What drains your inspiration?
- Failure is the antithesis of inspiration.
- Fear engages our brain in the wrong conversation for ourselves.
- Only three ways to fail: Quit. Don’t improve. Never try.
- Failure is an event, not a person.
- Failure doesn’t happen to you…it happens for you.
What is one piece of technology, video, multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
One book, documentary, blog, podcast, or Internet Channel to watch?
Sell With A Story, Paul Smith
Get a free audiobook when you try Audible free for 30 days: www.audibletrial.com/TBJApodcast
OR to get a physical copy of the book…click the book title.
It’s an Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you more but it will send me a few coins to keep on building our crazy good content here. 🙂
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with the ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage in iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!