Why social media made sales cool again. Mick Griffin shares insights about social selling. Every month 40,000 people use a search phrase online that could help increase revenue for your brand. Find out what it is! ThinkLikeAJournalist.com
Mick Griffin, Chief Revenue Officer for Brand24, has always had titles with the words: ‘Business Development’, or ‘Sales’, in them, but he’s really just a ‘People Person’ whose focus is always to build relationships and deep business connections. Mick He has more than 10 years of experience in sales and marketing and specializes in international business development strategies.
I speak a bit polish but I prefer to not do it in public. Top 5 of most difficult languages.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.” –Pam Moore
It’s all about making a human connection. Communities are about people-to-people. Brands need to put their people into the communities not the brand.
Mick was a professional Rugby player…played professional sports for five years. He got into sales because of his personality and human approach.
When It Didn’t Work!
Mick worked for a recruitment company that required him to do cold calling. Find out what happened when he cold called someone one too many times. Hear the hilarious story and what Mick learned about “pressure selling”.
Why Social Media Made Sales Cool Again
- The majority of people check online information and resources before they will buy or visit a company.
- Be aware of what’s being said about your brand.
- Follow your industry. Look at conversations happening around your industry. Join the communities that are already talking about your industry.
- Social Selling: 40,000 people a month write on social media, “Where can I buy?” They’re waiting for your brand to engage and reply. Don’t miss this opportunity.
- Look at people who are talking about your competition and respond to them.
- Even small brands need online reputation management.
- Use Google alerts or Twitter to check out information about your brand.
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
Intercom / Slack
One book, documentary, or Internet Channel to watch?
The Sales Acceleration Formula,
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
Please include links to materials that will help with our interview: