Learn 5 Tips to increase your email open rate from Chintan Maisuria. He shares strategies to not only get high open rates but also engaged people on your list who want to hear from you.
Chintan Maisuria is a founder of GrowthRabbit.com. He holds a degree in engineering and MBA in business and marketing. Chintan’s background includes product development, revenue management and business growth.
He has worked for corporations such as Castrol Oil and Melia Hotels. He has helped London-based start-up Buildaholiday.com to build their online booking platform from scratch and grow their online presence. He has also helped fashion brand Dea Chione to grow their audience throughout Europe.
In early 2015, he decided to build a community called GrowthRabbit to help fellow entrepreneurs, small businesses owners and bloggers to grow their audience and businesses. He blogs about business growth, entrepreneurship and online marketing.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Focus on growing your list all of the time as newer subscribers are more engaged adding to healthier open rates and ROI.” –Karl Murray
Don’t ever stop. Try until you succeed.
When It Didn’t Work!
Find out when it didn’t work for Chintan. He opened a consultancy with the wrong people. Find out what happened and what he learned from this.
5 Tips To Increase Your Email Open Rate
- Fewer images in the newsletter – try to use less than 2 images in your newsletter. This will help clear the spam triggers preventing your emails being ended up in spam/junk folder, ultimately your email open rate will go up.
- Double opt-in – this will help you to collect genuine emails and will clear out fake or spam subscribers. So, you are collecting the emails who have a genuinely interested in you and in things you have to say.
- Take advantage of the thank you page – use thank you page for guiding your subscribers to confirm their subscription and to notify them of the requirement to confirm the subscription to avoid remaining in the unconfirmed list which will prevent them from getting any emails from you.
- Use curiosity based subject lines – use curiosity based subject lines but also make it related to the topics. This will develop the curiosity amongst your subscribers to open and read the emails which will ultimately increase your open rate. don’t use FREE of $$
- Remove inactive subscribers – flush out inactive subscribers every 3 months. Some people prefer to review their subscribers list every 1 year but I recommend 3 months. Inactive subscribers just lower your deliverability rate. It is advisable to remove them completely or put them into a separate email service provider.
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!