Co-founder and Chief Storyteller at Creelio, Jule Edge, shares how executives can and need to be their own marketers. Those who embrace the opportunity can do amazing things for the brand. Julie share her tips on executive storytelling.
Julie Edge is a co-founder of Creelio. Creelio is a mad scientist with an affinity for storytelling. Her company is a personalized publishing platform for executives who want to tell great stories online. Creelio helps executives build a thought leadership position through personalized blogs, ebooks, and social media content. Julie leads Creelio’s VoiceScience,™ which is the company’s proprietary engine for capturing the voice of the executive. VoiceScience is based on her research on early stage startup teams with The Co-Founders Project and work as a leadership development professor with the Olin Business School at Washington University-St. Louis.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Make the prospect a more informed buyer with content. –Robert Simon, Four Seasons Hotels
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” –Will Rogers
Julie shares how her science background has helped her in her career. Find out how she’s made a difference in the world by blending science and technology.
When It Didn’t Work
Find out what Julie learned from “testing the water” in her career path. Hear how she’s learned to pivot and adapt to create success. Julie shares how starting Creelio was challenging that allowed her to learn and grow.
Every Executive Needs To Be A Marketer: How To Tell The Exec Story
There are patterns in people’s voice and writing style. The VoiceScience at Creelio helps executives by creating content that sounds like the executive by studying the person’s voice/writing pattern and then having other writers mimic it.
- Some of the best hires are people with fine arts degrees.
- Blogs should emote and tell a story that pulls people into the writing.
- Average blog post can take between three to five hours.
- It’s a good idea for every executive to attempt to write their own blog so that they have experience with it.
- Understand the audience. Know what the audience wants to read. Write for them.
- Study social media and understand that a blog is only as good as those who read it.
- People are interested when stories are used in the content.
- Make the story the most important thing.