Arnie Kuenn author of Content Marketing Works shares how to create content that people are searching for. Every business must create and curate content to survive and be noticed online. Learn how to create what the audience really wants.
Arnie Kuennis the CEO of Vertical Measures, a full-service Internet marketing agency dedicated to helping clients drive profitable growth through content marketing. Arnie has held executive positions in the world of new technologies and marketing for more than 25 years. Arnie is a founder of the Arizona Interactive Marketing Association (AZIMA). In 2014, he was honored as the Interactive Person of the Year in Arizona. Arnie speaks at events around the world and recently published his second book Content Marketing Works.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Adapt to your customer’s needs. They expect it. –Scott Abel, Content Strategist
Keep at it and hustle. Success requires hard work.
Hear how Arnie got to pitch to CBS. Find out how that introduced him to a new industry and taught him a lot about television and what his company could do for the industry.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear what went wrong when Arnie tried to start a small business that he thought would sell based on the product itself. Find out why it didn’t work and what happened when the company ran out of money.
- Creating content that people are searching point is the make it or break it point.
- Don’t use jargon. Online it’s a different world. Make subtle changes and use language that people would use to search for something online.
- Use common terms. For instance, use rain not “precipitation”.
- The ideation process (research for your content) should consider what people are searching for and then use those search words to write your stories.
- Use Google Suggest: type into Google your keywords or questions. See what populates.
- Google suggests will give you a drop-down list of several other ideas based on what many other people are searching for.
- It can take 12 months of producing consistent content before you see a real significant impact on your ROI.
- Build a strong community by delivering what is important to them before you start to add in different types of creative content. Let your audience come to know and love you.
Books and Podcast
Content Inc, Joe Pulizzi
Mentioned In This Episode