Grow your business with a PR plan. Often people start with a business, but entrepreneur, Heather Whaling, found success by starting her company with a PR plan. Find out why this worked for her and how you can grow your business.
Heather Whaling (@prTini) is founder/president of Geben Communication. An avid Twitter user, Heather can trace the majority of Geben’s business back to relationships that began online. This ability to turn social networking into business outcomes illustrates Geben’s contemporary approach to traditional and digital PR.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Embrace the crazy.”
Hear how Heather grew her business from beginning in her dining room to a successful thriving company. Learn why she named her company Geben and what it means to her team. Also, find out how she’s attracted amazing talent very quickly. Hear about her FIRSTS and what that has meant for her company.
When It Didn’t Work
Find out how Heather learned to trust her instincts after she hired someone who didn’t work out.
How To Grow Your Business
- Set house rules for your company.
- Heather didn’t write a business plan instead she wrote a PR plan.
- Have a plan but be flexible and responsive.
- Plan smart, implement smarter.
- Be able to tell and own your own story.
- Validate decisions with data: always be collecting data and reviewing it.
- Be a connector. The person in the center of the network, owns the network.