Facebook ads are becoming a must to maximize reach. Social Media Consultant, Andrea Vahl, shares her expert tips and explains why she wears a wig when blogging. Plus who is “Grandma Mary and why is she important to Andrea’s brand?”
Andrea Vahl is a Social Media Consultant and Speaker and is the co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies. She was the Community Manager for Social Media Examiner, one of the most influential social media news sites, for over 2 years and was named 50 Favorite Online Influencers of 2014 on Entrepreneur.com. She also uses her Improv comedy skills to blog as a slightly cranky character, Grandma Mary – Social Media Edutainer on her site at www.AndreaVahl.com.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Stories are the creative conversion of life itself into a more powerful, clearer, more meaningful experience. They are the currency of human contact. —Robert McKee
Success Tip or Quote!
“Let no feeling of discouragement pray upon you and in the end you are sure to succeed.” –Abraham Lincoln
Andrea started as an engineer until she got laid-off. She had a one-year old at home. Started an in-home wine business and used social media techniques to grow her business. Find out what happened when the wine company went out of business. Learn how she combined her improv comedy into her social media. Hear why she wears a wig when she’s blogging and what she says is her career highlight.
When It Didn’t Work
Find out what Andrea learned about self-promotion and how not doing it impacted her.
Top Tips On Facebook Ads
- The challenge with Facebook is the decreased reach with posts being seen.
- You must advertise on Facebook. Organic reach is limited.
- Have a goal on Facebook. Offer something for free to grow your list.
- Think of your giveaway as helping secure a trusting relationship with your target audience.
- Explore the powerful demographics that Facebook has for advertising. [16:26]…
- Use a conversion pixel to help you understand how much it costs to get that lead.
- Use landing pages and thank you pages to send ad traffic to it.
- Try different types of ads to test what works.
- Setup your email sequence with other offerings to walk them down the sales funnel process.
- Use Landing pages: to create compelling opt-ins to your email list.
- Thank you page: give away quality content.
Book and Podcasts