Adam Behar shares how to tell a Hollywood narrative story. Learn the power of the hero in Hollywood stories and how it can apply to the business brand story. Plus, when and how to use the redemption story…including a fun example. Don’t miss Hollywood storytelling in this episode!
Adam Behar is the president of BrandPlotters, a strategic storytelling agency devoted to helping companies of all sizes find and tell their brand stories. His BrandPlotting technique is a fusion of strategic planning, brand identity, and Hollywood storytelling, and is employed to guide clients in planning and executing brand storytelling initiatives. Prior to founding BrandPlotters, Adam spent 20 years in public relations and brand positioning for clients such as Chicken of the Sea International, AT&T Wireless, McDonald’s and WD-40. He also created Baja Breeze magazine, and lived on the beach in Baja while launching a beautiful travel & lifestyle magazine that was distributed on both sides of the border.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Success Tip or Quote
Become your story. Be a brand storyteller and apply the techniques you teach. Mix the art of storytelling and branding.
Adam started Baja Breeze magazine. Find out how this magazine became a critical Media bridge for both sides of the border.
When It Didn’t Work
Adam tried to push a project forward without total buy-in from the client. Find out what he learned and how it changed the way he does business.
Top Tips To Understand Hollywood Narrative Storytelling
- Know your values and what drives your brand.
- The emotional storytelling piece of a story comes from sharing obstacles and how they are overcome.
- Find and define the persona of your brand.
- The persona (your target audience) is the hero. The product or the brand is the mentor or Wise Sage (like in Hollywood films).
- Character (persona/hero) should drive the plot.
- Values should drive action.
- Your brand must be cohesive and support the brand’s values.
- Begin on the inside to ensure that all values are aligned throughout the company.
- Match your story with the right communication vehicle (video, audio, print, blog) and social sharing platform.
- Hire brand strategists and experts to help your company understand the storytelling process.
Kindle, click to purchase.