Healthcare professionals aren’t trained to be communicators or to tell their story. But dentist, Dr. Steven Lin, has learned how the power of storytelling can grow his business. Find out how he’s developed a successful online persona.
Dr Steven Lin is a dentist, TEDx speaker and writer working to join the fields of nutrition and dental medicine. Founder of www.drstevenlin.com a resource designed to help people find healthier food options, Dr Lin is currently writing his publication ‘The Dental Diet’, a journey of ancestral, genetic and nutritional health based on the pioneering work of Dr Weston A Price and his discoveries of teeth as a cardinal sign of modern disease.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
All of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You. –Tom Peters in Fast Company
If you can’t get your core message across in one or two sentences, no one will understand it. Keep it simple.
Doing his oral health talk on TEDx. Find out how he developed the story.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear what happened when Dr. Lin gave a different talk. Find out why didn’t work and what he had to learn from it.
How To Develop Your Online Persona
- Study your target market and find out what they can relate to and want to come back for more.
- Build your story: why you do what you do and who do you help?
- Develop your online.
- Have a one line tag line that conveys a core message that speaks to an audience.
- Pay attention to the way your audience responds to your content.
- Know their demographic.
- Use stories and humor. Don’t just preach.
- Be a doctor that people connect to.
Mentioned In This Episode
Dr. Steven Lin’s TEDx Talk