Carla Yarbrough is former TV journalist. She shares why every company needs to know multimedia storytelling and how it will keep your brand relevant. Plus persuasive storytelling tips.
Carla Yarbrough is an educator in the field of online journalism, digital media, and social media strategies in branding and marketing. She is also a consultant on issues relating to diversity, on-camera presentation and persuasive speaking techniques. She produces video content for television broadcast and online. She teaches students the practical skills to become creators and content producers for new media using traditional reporting skills and layering it with digital editing and filming. Carla teaches in the department of journalism and mass communication at California State University, Long Beach and also at California State University Fullerton. She worked at WTNH-TV8 (ABC) in New Haven, Connecticut as a producer and production manager and has a production company, TenOutOfTen, LLC., which offers social media marketing/branding, on-camera training and producing television documentaries and marketing videos for the web.
Why Every Company Needs To Know Multimedia Storytelling
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Anyone who edits their own copy has a fool for an editor.”–Donald Davis, Bureau Manager, UPI Boston (BH), March 1975
Success Tip or Quote
Don’t let others wonder if there is any greatness in you…just be great.
Hear how Carla set her dream of becoming a storyteller into motion.
When It Didn’t Work
When Carla left her career in TV, she had no idea what she was going to do. Find out how she parlayed her skills in journalism into a new career and eventually her own business.
Branding & Persuasive Storytelling
- Identify, articulate, and leverage your own unique value.
- Learn to shoot with your smartphone and can be an invaluable tool for storytelling.
- Keep up with the times and technology. Your business must have an understanding of how to create podcasts, blogs, videos, slide shows
- Persuasive storytelling is about building trust with your audience.
- Brands create trust through brand journalism storytelling that is based on factual storytelling.
- Take a stance with your brand and share that with your target audience.
Book, Documentary, Podcast, Internet Channel