Steve Farnsworth is a social media power influencer who shares the key to selling is solving problems. Learn how to use brand journalism to reach consumers using social strategies and timely execution.
Steve Farnsworth is a Forbes magazine Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers in the world, and on LinkedIn’s Top 25 Social Media Marketing Experts You Need to Know, and on AdWeek’s Top 50 People Re-Tweeted By SMB Marketing Leaders. However, his day job is being the Chief Marketing Officer for the @Steveology Group, a content marketing for demand generation agency serving high tech B2B organizations.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm, and ideas about how to solve, that problem.” –Laura Fitton
Founder of oneforty.com which was acquired by HubSpot in 2009.
–Morris Chang, CEO of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
EC = MC Every Company = a Media Company. –Tom Foremski
Steve worked on a product (that was not well known at all) but it would eventually become known to all of us. He used public relations to get the product known and eventually went into content marketing to help launch brands.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear about when Steve was working on a project with a company and the campaigned didn’t get any traction or media coverage. Find out why and what Steve did to turn it around.
Brand Journalism Advice
- Start with the group of customers that are bringing you the most leads.
- Can you turn the most successful, profitable dial up using content.
- Research and discover their pain points and solve those problems.
- Utilize data and wrap that into storytelling to reach customers.
- Interview your own customers to discover their challenges.
- When you find their real needs, solve their problems.
- Talk about what your customers want to hear. Not a sales pitch!
Book, Documentary, Podcast, Internet Channel
FIR Podcast: For Immediate Release