Entrepreneur, Balaji Krishnan, is changing the way we watch and share media. The future of TV and the way people and brands experience it will create global connections that thrive on emotional experiences. Find out what his company DabKick is doing to enhance social TV. The future of TV: watching & sharing in virtual online rooms.
Balaji Krishnan is a Senior leader with more than 16 years of experience selling and delivering digital transformations for organizations in digital media, technology startups, and mobile industries. He’s the founder of DabKick, a mobile app that let’s you watch media and interact with your friends at the same time.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“I’m obsessed with the idea of social TV.” –Dennis Crowley, American Internet Entrepreneur known for co-founding the popular social networking sites: Dodgeball and Foursquare.
Success Tip or Quote
Do what you love and solve a problem that you have. Create a product that solves your problem first. Don’t think about starting a company; think about solving a problem for yourself. It will grow from there if it can help others.
Balaji fondly remembers sitting in Starbucks all day and building the prototype software system for both of his companies.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear how Balaji has learned to fight through times when it didn’t work. His outlook is what’s propelling him to success. Find out how he handled partner falling outs and investors turning him down.
- Don’t seek to start a company first. Instead, seek to solve a problem first.
- Social TV creates interest and helps brands reach consumers.
- The way we watch media is changing our experience with brands.
- The future of marketing is watching TV online in virtual rooms together with friends and being able to interact and engage with each other.
- Bring likeminded people together to support your startup and turn them into believers in what you do.
- Never give up because you’re solving a problem for you first which then can benefit others too.
Internet connection laptop / MacBookPro
Film and TV Show
Documentary: Pirates of Silicon Valley
TV Show: Cincinnati Town