Learn to identify your value and communicate it to the right audience through branding that speaks to them. Libby Gill is the former head of communications & PR for big brands. She shares her top tips for being a leader and building an online persona.
Libby Gill is is the former head of communications and public relations for Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting. She was also the “branding brain” behind the launch of the Dr. Phil Show.
Libby is now CEO of LA-based Libby Gill & Company, an executive coaching and consulting firm. She guides emerging and established leaders at organizations like Cisco, Disney-ABC, Intel, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, Warner Bros., Wells Fargo and many more to inspire purpose and ignite performance.
Author of four books including the award-winning “You Unstuck” and “Capture the Mindshare and the Market Share Will Follow,” Libby has shared her success strategies on CNN, NPR, the Today Show, and in BusinessWeek, Time, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and many more.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“What I did see on Twitter was a potential for a mass publication; it’s a mainstream consumer broadcasting device. It transforms customers and companies. You have to be transparent or you fail.” –Ashton Kutcher
People feel first and think second. You always have to make an emotional connection. Capture the Mindshare and the Market Share Will Follow
Hear how she launched her own business doing executive coaching after working 20 years in the media entertainment industry. Hear why she decided to take the plunge 15 years ago. Published her first book. Got divorced. Lost 30 pounds.
When It Didn’t Work
When Libby started her own business she struggled a lot. Find out what Libby says would’ve helped her reach her success much faster.
Creating Branding That Speaks To The Right Audience
- Take a step back and give these questions serious consideration: what do you do really well? What are your strengths and skills? Who can you do it for? What is your unique selling proposition?
- Find out what the marketplace wants from you.
- How do you express your brand? The products and services you have are your value.
- Use different expressions, semantics, and platforms to convey your message.
- Recognize that after your Website, YOU are the expression of your brand.
- What is the highest and best use of you?
- Be clear and clever. Default should always be CLEAR. Think about who you want to work for and what you will do for them. Create a short couple of sentences.
- Don’t try to do all social platforms. Pick those where your audience is and then create content for those platforms that delivers a clear and compelling message. Have a unique message. What’s cool about YOU?
- Be consistent. Don’t give up on something quickly. Let it stick for a while to measure. Let your audience come to trust you over time.
Change Or Dye,
Capture The Mindshare And The Market Share Will Follow, by Libby Gill
You Unstuck by Libby Gill
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!