She was a sports agent and then an entrepreneur for a two-sided marketplace that connects brands to sponsorship opportunities in professional sports. Ishveen Anand shares how to leverage sports in your marketing.
Ishveen Anand is the founder and CEO OpenSponsorship, a two-sided marketplace connecting brands to the worlds’ largest network of sponsorship opportunities in professional sports. Ishveen, a graduate of Oxford University, is of Indian-British origin and now lives in New York. She was included in the Forbes 30under30 sports list in 2015 and OpenSponsorship was named a finalist in the 2015 Sports Technology Awards.
You can find me on Youtube somewhere on a reality TV show playing netball
Think Like A Journalist Quote
It’s too bad that one has to conceive of sports as being the only arena where risks are, [for] all of life is risk exercise. That’s the only way to live more freely, and more interestingly.
–William Sloan Coffin quotes
Success Quote or Tip
Don’t count the days; make the days count. –Muhammad Ali
When It Didn’t Work
Ishveen had to do a major shift with her brand when they faced a big struggle. Find out what she learned and how she turned here When It Didn’t Work moment around.
Top Tips Leveraging Sports In Your Marketing Campaigns
- Sports is omnipresent in our community.
- Sports bonds people and if you don’t use it in your marketing your business is missing out on making connections with your community because so many people are tuning into sports.
- Run tests by spending smaller budgets on athlete engagement without devoting a huge budget right away. Test to ensure it works first.
- See athletes as people. Humanize athletes.
- Brands must stay on top of what is happening in their communities. Keep your finger on the pulse of the sports community.
- Think of sports as an addon to your marketing campaigns rather than its own vertical market. Consider having an athlete at your tradeshow booth.
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
Gmail extensions / clearbit
One book, documentary, blog, podcast, or Internet Channel to watch?
Get a free audio book when you try Audible free for 30 days: www.audibletrial.com/TBJApodcast
OR to get a physical copy of the book…click the book title.
It’s an Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you more but it will send me a few coins to keep on building our crazy good content here. 🙂
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with the ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!