Use the triple bottom line approach: benefit people, planet, and purpose. Best selling author, Terrence Mauri, shares his ways to banish fear and doubt. Learn to push through fear to find success.
Terence Mauri is the best selling author of a new book, The Leader’s Mindset: How To Win In The Age of Disruption. He is an Inc. Columnist and speaks about innovation and disruption.
I’ve visited the Arctic Circle!
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.” -Harold Geneen, former president of the ITT Corporation.
Success Quote or Tip
Don’t think 10% bigger, think 10x bigger.
Terrence was in a terrible car accident that changed his life forever. Find out how he discovered his true self and caused a big disruption in his career. He left his career with a big firm and became a writer, speaker, and coach.
When It Didn’t Work
I call myself a “failure pioneer”.
When Terrence was writing the book and trying to get a publisher. There were lots of dark moments while he was pursuing his dream. Find out what he did to create more opportunity.
Top Tips 5 Ways to Banish Fear and Doubt
- Build up will power and way power: Have si-zoo…
- Avoid the perfection trap: if you wait for perfect conditions to happen, you’ll never get started. Get started until you really start. Create those daily habits.
- Think like a startup: they’re very good at taking the initiative, being resourceful, doing more with less, failing and learning fast.
- Cutting through the noise: have a clear purpose. Have the discipline to disconnect and unplug.
- Technology is being designed to be sugary. It’s addictive.
- Fear stops you from getting started.
- Have an action-oriented plan.
- Set a deadline and declare it to someone to help hold you accountable.
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
One book, documentary, blog, podcast, or Internet Channel to watch?
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!