Which social media platforms should your brand use? Clair Kim shares her “LATCH” strategy to help you determine which social media networks your brand should use.
Clair Kim is a proud millennial entrepreneur, and an independent musician, Clair wants to live in a world where she can help everyone to unfold their own myth. She is the founder of “Buzz with Clair”, a coaching brand that helps emerging brands to get their names out to masses while creating off-the-charts efficiency (or in her language, hybrid buzz). As a hybrid buzz strategist, Clair has been featured on places such as Huffington Post, Entrepreneur and YFS Magazine. Clair is also a musician and lives her stage life under the name, “Whalie”.
When Clair isn’t creating buzz as a hybrid buzz strategist, you can find her live-streaming music, or surfing around bakery section of a local grocery store.
1. I’m an independent musician and my demo single charted in Reverbnation Top 20 Pop regional chart. And I’m currently writing things out for mini EP.
2. I don’t drink coffee- I just never found myself liking the taste of it.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Social media is just a platform. Twitter is a very simple and immediate broadcast platform. Facebook is a very personal, when it comes to friends and when it comes to fan pages, a little bit less but still somewhat personal way to communicate. –Mark Cuban
Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things are going with others, unfold your own myth. –Rumi.
Hear how Clair helped promote a book by two authors to the best sellers list.
When It Didn’t Work!
Find out what went wrong when they tried to be everywhere in social media. Our correction was acknowledging our constraints.
Top Tips Which Social Media Platforms Should Your Brand Use?
A Framework that will help you determine which social media platforms your brand should utilize.
I’ve always heard the question, “but which platforms should I REALLY be? Everyone’s going for speaking. Should I go for one too? Everyone’s going for snapchat. Should I have it too?”. And I’ve fallen to this trap for a while. However, I developed my own 5 category framework (It’s called LATCH) that helps brands to evaluate which outlets or where they should really be. And which one should they put as their primary focus, and other one as their “rebounds”
- L: leverage. Do you understand this platform? Can you learn this platform? Is this something you are able to fully leverage? [Tip: If you don’t understand the platform, and cannot leverage it to your full potential.. don’t be on it! It just wastes time] [16:25]…cutout….
- A: automation. Can this platform be automated? Does this platform allow us to create content in advance? Does it sync with other platforms? [Tip: batch-create and pre-schedule. Ideally have a mix of 80% preplanned content. 20% spontaneity. Focus on distribution]
- T: target audience. Is our target audience there? [if your audience isn’t there.. why bother?]
- C: Call to action. Does this platform/outlet allow us to present next steps? [triple check user guidelines. and if this is an offline outlet, double check with the organizers]
- H: Hype. Is this platform on demand? is it growing? [if not, you won’t reach new people]
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
One book, documentary, or Internet Channel to watch?
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!