How to identify content your audience wants. Grant Gurewitz works for Zillow Group providing content for real estate agents. Hear how his strategy for finding the content that keeps audiences engaged.
Grant Gurewitz is a collaborative marketer specializing in social media, content and community. He leads this area at Zillow Group for real estate agent audience. As a community builder, Grant also devotes energy to leading and building his local alumni chapter, developing strategic ways to engage alumni of all ages.
I pulled the fire alarm in pre-school.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Dig down deep and provide something really different and exciting to get the community to notice. Fight “sameness” with your every breath. –Mark Schaefer, founder of Business Grow
Consume content to learn. Books on audible.com
[9:44]…Grant started as a social media intern at Zillow. Hear about his firsts in his experiences fielding…he builds out the b2b side. [9:27]…Grant builds out in-person events and signature content…surprise and delight moments…Tesla giveaway…The agent of the future…
When It Didn’t Work!
Grant tried to start a monthly Twitter chat it didn’t work well. They found it wasn’t the right medium. The company found it wasn’t the right platform. Find out what Grant did to reach the audience.
How To Identify Content Your Audience Wants And Then Dive In Head First
- Look at what you publish now and analytics on social and blog
- Group content into buckets and look for themes
- Identify most popular buckets and develop strategy in those areas, select internal and external experts you can partner with
- Start, just ship it! For us this looked like identifying housing market data content was popular but underrepresented in our strategy and then we teamed up with our Econ team to create quarterly trends report that we COPE (create once, publish everywhere).
- Analyze, pivot, bake into your operating fabric. Lots of analysis and now our content strategy and content resource center is centered around this content
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
trello.com Project management tool.
One book, documentary, or Internet Channel to watch?
Click the link below to purchase.
It’s an Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you more but it will send me a few coins to keep on building our crazy good content here. 🙂
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!