Find out how to get your sales & marketing departments to work together. Entrepreneur, Robert Hartline, shares what marketers need to learn from sales teams. Get his top tips.
Robert Hartline is the founder of Call Proof. He’s a serial entrepreneur, he built his businesses to where today they generate $24 Million in total revenue. His expertise around sales and automating follow up sequences helped hundreds of entrepreneurs and sales people, contributing to millions of dollars in additional sales.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
In business, you’re the Chief Salesman. Create a sense of demand, rather than waiting to have demand. –Barbara Corcoran
Treat every day likes it your last and make the most of it.
When I have a salesperson who develop into a great …when i see them hit particular milestones or get into a leadership position.
When It Didn’t Work!
[10:33]…Robert had a when it didn’t work moment seven years ago when he was doing everything in the company. He thought working hard was good and would rarely delegate. He realized that he could not work in the business…
How To Make Your Marketing & Sales Departments Work Together
1. Marketing people should participate in sales calls.
2. Marketing people should join sales team meetings: look for trends, determine if the prospects are worth pursuing.
3. Marketing departments should do a lead audit: see how long the process takes your sales team to respond.
4. Marketing departments should listen to inbound sales calls. See if the sales people are doing a good job of asking questions and closing the deal.
5. Sales teams should communicate effectively how they are getting customers effectively.
Questions Marketing Department Should Ask Sales Department
- Tell me about your 5 best customers. What brought them to you? How did you get them?
- Leads are bananas. Once they get air, they go bad fast. Sales people must respond quickly.
- All leads should be called in five minutes.
- The purpose of marketing is to sell.
- Your marketing department must know what it’s like to sell.
Think Like A Journalist!
You have been hired to help an ailing company that’s about to financially collapse. Its reputation’s shot. You have one month, a $1000 budget, a smartphone, and a laptop. How do you begin to turn this company around?
[25:43]….I would probably go to my team…ask for referrals when they’re excited.
What is one piece of technology, video or multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without? Uber
you can buy time…using Uber…so
One book, documentary, or Internet Channel to watch?
48 Laws of Power Robert Green
The year is 2025… What is your prediction for the future of TV, news media, and brand journalism…and how will it affect businesses?
Self-driving cars…no car ownership
Call Proof Website
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!