Build a purpose-driven brand & reap rewards is what Russ Stoddard says is simply good business. Learn how your brand can have a purpose that resonates with consumers and inspires good in the world.
Russ is founder and president of Oliver Russell, a consulting firm that builds brands for purpose-driven companies whose products, services or business models benefit society. He is also a leader in the certified B Corporation community, a new classification of companies that use the power of business to solve social and environmental issues.
Russ has helped start four companies and five nonprofits, and is a published author and playwright as well.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Companies with a higher purpose are more profitable than those that just think about the bottom line. –Brian Solis
market position: unique position in market place to give competitive advantage
Selected as one of the best in the world for B Lab and B Corporation.
When It Didn’t Work!
The company pursued a new position that was against its core values simply because it looked like a good financial decision. Find out what happened and what Russ had to do to change course and get back on track.
Build A Purpose-Driven Brand & Reap Rewards
- Identify your core values.
- What is the change that you want to use your business to make in the world as a social entrepreneur.
- Figure out how you can prove that.
- Remember action talks and ^%#*(_ walks!
- Make your business accountable for the change you want to make.
- Have a strong personality in your brand that differentiates from the rest.
- Take a stand. Don’t do business with clients that don’t align with your core values.
- The heart of every story starts with writing your idea. Ideas are fleshed out by writing. Craft your tweets and headlines carefully.
- Keep your message simple to score big with audiences.
Resource Links and Contact Information: where can we find you?
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!