Instagram helps humanize brands when used right. Learn how businesses can generate leads using Instagram and find out how to use hashtags for success by Hashtap co-founder, Max Ball.
Max Ball has been a business-minded entrepreneur his whole life, with his first business starting on eBay when he was only 15. He then started his first company in his dorm in college which focused on creating Mobile Apps for medium-large sized businesses. His efforts were rewarded when he won the University of San Diego Venture Vetting Entrepreneurial Competition, securing over $7,500 in funding for his business. His next project was a concept called Custom App Ventures, which involved using his expertise in App Development to partner up in an equity sharing model with individuals looking to make a Mobile App, that didn’t necessarily have $20,000+ to spend. He is currently the President and Co-Founder of Hashtap – an iOS App that finds the top trending hashtags on Instagram for any post in real-time!
Generate Leads Using Instagram
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present and I have the power to make it so.” –David Brooks, NY Times Journalist
Never be afraid to fail and never give up. Don’t go after perfection.
Started Hashtag six months ago to get trending hashtags in real time to connect with consumers.
When It Didn’t Work!
In college, Max started a business but he wasn’t familiar with parts of the business and so he handed off parts of the business without understanding what exactly the others were doing. Know your business.
How Businesses Can Generate Leads Using Instagram & Hashtags
- How Instagram humanizes a brand.
- Instagram is not just for teenagers.
- Search your competitors followers and engage with them.
- After a post has been added, you can post a comment and it will refresh the post in the feed.
- Use a few trending hashtags.
- Have your URL in your bio not in the post (links aren’t clickable in posts).
- Use a bitly.com link so that you can track the number of clicks.
- Using just one hashtag can increase engagement by 12%.
- Write a minimum of four to five lines.
- Write hashtags at the end rather than in the sentence.
- The number one rule is: engagement and that comes from inter-acting and communicating with your followers.
Getting Naked…Patrick Lemony
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!