Busting PR Myths. What you think about PR is wrong. Wendy Marx is president of Marx Communications, an award-winning public relations and inbound marketing company that turns SMBs into industry icons. She shares how to make public relations work for you.
For the last 20 years, she has served as president of Marx Communications, which has helped numerous companies, including many start-ups, become well-known industry brands and dramatically transform their businesses. Her firms’ PR efforts have directly led to companies inking major partnership deals with Dow Jones, The NASDAQ and other major organizations.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Don’t interrupt what your buyers want to consume, be what they want to consume. –Mike Volpe, CMO, Hubspot
Genius is one percent talent and 99% hard work. –Albert Einstein.
Wendy has sustained her PR business in a highly competitive industry. Hear how she’s evolved and pivoted to grow a profitable company.
When It Didn’t Work
Wendy had a client that didn’t understand PR. Find out what happened when a story ended up getting picked up by a journalist.
Busting PR Myths
- People associate PR with getting your name in lights.
- People think you push a button and then get journalists to respond.
- People think that getting in the NY Times will make your business/career.
- People think the number of clips is vital.
- People think their business is so exciting but it doesn’t necessarily excite others.
Make PR Work For You
- Write your own content.
Create podcasts, presentations, videos, and apps.
- Provide online forums to help customers.
- When it comes to distribution, you have the world at your finger tips.
- Think about what your customers need and create
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!