Timothy Sykes turned his $12,415 Bar Mitzvah gift money into nearly $2million by trading stocks while in college. Today, he educates people about penny stocks and social media strategies. He shares how he grew his Instagram account to 400,000 and other social media tips.
Timothy Sykes is the CEO of Millionaire Media and profit.ly. He’s the author of the blog TimothySykes.com and the best-selling book “An American Hedge Fund.” He turned his $12,415 Bar Mitzvah gift money into nearly $2million by trading stocks while in college studying at Tulane University, before founding his hedge fund in 2003. Timothy was named to Trader Monthly’s 2006 “Top 30 under 30”.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. –Jim Rohn, was from Jim Rohn, who was an author, motivational speaker
Haters and doubters are an opportunity to invite them in and change their mind about your product or service.
Being with his student at the moment he became a millionaire after starting with only $1,500.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear how Timothy lost a lot of money to technology expenses. Find out what he was trying to build and what went wrong. Hear what he learned from this situation when it didn’t work.
Social Media Strategies To Grow Business
- Always monitor your social media engagement.
- Don’t just post what you like. Post what your audience is responding to and share more content like that.
- Mix personal content with professional content.
- Understand your purpose and make sure that your content supports that purpose.
- Let your posts convey an experience. Make your audience feel a certain way to get them to engage with you.
- Even if your followers aren’t going to buy your products or services, someone they know might.
- Everyone is connected on the Web.
- Reach as many people as you can via social platforms.
- Use your content marketing to show your expertise by giving free content that is helpful to your target audience.
- Don’t give up. Experiment with social media. Study the results and tweak to make it work for you.
Laptop, MacBook Pro
Book & Publication
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for the The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!