Chad Pollitt created a successful online publication Relevance.com. He’s turned it into a stream of revenue. He shares why businesses don’t just need more content instead they need promotion.
Chad Pollitt is a VP of Audience and Co-founder of Relevance.com an online publication solely dedicated to helping marketing and communications executives solve their online content visibility challenges. Chad is a member of a Forbes Top 100 list. Chad also authored “51 Things Your Mother Taught You About Inbound Marketing” and “The Content Promotion Manifesto.” Chad was named a top five content marketing thought leader and a top 20 CMO influencer.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“The challenge with being an initiator of projects is that you are never, ever done.” –Seth Godin
SEO: it’s not what you do, it’s what happens when you do everything else right.
It’s a matter of doing good content promotion…good marketing and PR.
Chad teases that he’s responsible for “email spam”. Hear how he worked on a project that was the beginning of email marketing. But more important is what he has done for Relevance.com. Hear how he’s created a successful online publication.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear what happened when his publication couldn’t sustain the content production for the self-funded effort. Hear what Chad did to turn things around and make it successful.
Why You Need Promotion Not Just More Content
- Distance and direction: give team members freedom and creativity to achieve the overall mission.
- Every success is directly related to relationships with people.
- Spend time developing relationships.
- The more relationships you have the more successful you’re going to be
- Rely on other people. Content can be time consuming and expensive, you have to collaborate
- Chad writes more for other Websites than he does his own. He uses guest bloggers and contributors for Relevance.
- Get in front of as many audiences as possible and link back to your Website and free resources.
- Get influencers involved in your projects.
- Write short eBooks. Promote using landing pages with forms for people to download. Then write on other Websites and talk about what’s in the books.
Mentioned In This Episode
This guide provides instructions for how to connect your WordPress.com site to various social networking services. Once connected to a service, you can share your posts with that service automatically.