There are more than 150 million blogs (2013 stat) and more coming online every day. How can your blog stand out? How can you make sure people read your blog and your email list grows? Aaron Agius takes us through his journey from the moment he made .40 cents to growing a huge list and profitable business via online marketing.
Aaron Agius is the founder of Louder Online, one of the leading SEO & Content Marketing Agencies in the world. He’s been doing digital marketing for over 10 years in Australia, USA & Asia. He has extensive experience in Search, Content & Social Marketing, helping some of the largest companies in the world including Salesforce, IBM, Ford, LG & more, with their online marketing. Aaron can help your company grow via his online marketing agency, Louder Online.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Create, curate, and amplify work you believe will change things for the better.” –Colin Wright, Co-founder of Asymmetrical
“If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.”
Aaron shares his story about how he got into blogging and content marketing. Hear how he got his first online sale which was just .40 cents. Find out how that quickly turned into $400 and then a successful business that allowed him to live and work from anywhere in the world.
When It Didn’t Work
Hear how Aaron learned a hard lesson about clients that don’t pay. Find out what he does now to ensure that his business is protected.
- Make sure your content is backed by a hungry audience that wants to read what you’re writing.
- Search other leaders and blogs to see what content is going to answer and solve problems for your target audience.
- Study crossover industries to see what kinds of problems exist.
- Do long-form content 1,500 to 2,000 words with lots of links.
- Blog two to three times a week.
- Get your content to social platforms.
- Make strong call-to-actions on your pages. For example: “Our hidden tips and tricks are shared through our email list.”
- To encourage visitors to subscribe, give something away that is of high value like a long-form guide.
Content Machine, Dan Norris
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
How Many Bloggers Live In Parents’ Basement (this will surprise you)