From ditching voicemail to tips on saving money while growing your brand, Mitch Joel, shares his top marketing & strategies for the digital era. Plus learn to like the culture of change or risk becoming irrelevant. Mitch dishes on creating entrepreneurship your way.
“It was when we did the acquisition, it was the fact that I remember, you know the legal part when you’re signing the documents–it’s a long process and I remember looking down and seeing that I was wearing my sneakers… I had done it on my own terms. I think that was a big moment for me when I realized I didn’t have to not be who I was or not be the person that you sort of envision that you have to become but I was able to do it sort of on my own terms.” –Mitch Joel
When Google wants someone to explain the latest developments in marketing to the top brands in the world, they bring Mitch Joel to the Googleplex in Mountain View, California. Marketing Magazine dubbed him the “Rock Star of Digital Marketing” and called him, “one of North America’s leading digital visionaries.”
Mitch Joel is President of Mirum – a global digital marketing agency operating in close to 20 countries with over 2000 employees (although he prefers the title, Media Hacker).
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“You can never go too far wrong by thinking like a customer who’s new to the business.”
“If you don’t like change, you’re going to like irrelevance even less.” –General Eric Shinseki
Mitch has several from becoming a writer to having his business acquired. Hear what was his proudest moment and what wearing sneakers had to do with it.
When It Didn’t Work
Mitch was torn between two careers and industries. Find out what happened and how he became laser focused on one business. Hear what this experience taught him.
- Proactively put out into the world what you want to come into your life.
- Write your vision down to explore the challenges and possibilities.
- Try ditching your voicemail. Major brands such as JP Chase are doing it. Texting and using social platforms are becoming the go-to option because they’re more accessible where people are: on the go instead of at an office.
- Check out Nuzzle.com It helps organize your links and shares so you can quickly identify what’s important to your audience.
- Follow the people you aspire to be like and their followers.
- Have a policy about social media that allows you to be transparent with your audience.
Comedians, Cars, Getting Coffee Jerry Seinfeld
Control, Alt, Delete
The Six Pixels Of Separation