Barry Feldman shares why he resisted blogging and what he learned once he embraced it. Plus, top tips on building your personal brand with infographics.
“The riches are in the niches. You need to really think about how you can be super specific and that’s not a commitment for being super specific forevermore. It’s a beachhead. You’re looking to build an audience and be known for something.” –Barry Feldman
Barry Feldman heads up Feldman Creative, an agency that delivers content marketing, copywriting, and creative direction for online marketing projects of every kind. Feldman Creative was founded in the Silicon Valley in 1995. The company has partnered with hundreds of corporate marketing groups, small businesses, ad agencies, and design firms across a spectrum of product categories. Barry helps companies get more traffic, leads, and sales by using inbound marketing tactics.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.” –Leo Burnett, An American Advertising Executive and founder of the Leo Burnett Company (October 21, 1891 – June 7, 1971)
Success Tip & Quote
The complete A to Z guide (let the infographic be the star).
Barry established his own copywriting business in the 90s. His career went up and down with the economy. When the Web and blogging came along, Barry had resistance to it. Finally, he read the book, Inbound Marketing and it changed his career.
When It Didn’t Work
Barry had to learn that becoming known in one area of the marketplace doesn’t guarantee success in another. Find out what he’s doing to help become more successful as an influential marketer. Also, hear what Barry says is the one thing you should do to open doors.
- Authenticity: be real. Be you. Share and create content and do it with a point of view.
- Blog: share and create content via a blog a vlog (video blog). Create it on your own Website. Don’t build on “rented land” such as a social media platform.
- Content: create your content using various media. Your content needs to speak to different audiences.
- Pick a topic and focus it on a specific topic. You can grow and expand your point of view after you become known for your niche.
- Continue to educate yourself to become better at your craft.
- Use infographics. They’re very popular and often are very viral.
- Try to reimagine a blog post as an infographic.
- For design you can: hire a graphic artist or you can use free Websites such as PiktoChart
Blogs and Books