Joel Comm is the author of 12 books. He shares why you must put people first. Also, how creating content that helps others helps your business. Find out what he’s learned since he began his first Website in 1995.
Joel Comm is an entrepreneur, NY Times bestselling author, and new media innovator. An expert on harnessing the power of the Web, publishing, social media and mobile applications to expand your brand’s reach and engage in active relationship marketing. Joel is a sought-after public speaker who leaves his audience inspired, entertained, and armed with strategic tools to create a new media campaign that will explode their business.
Think Like A Journalist
“You get what you want when you help enough people get what they want.” –Zig Ziglar
Find out how an eBook became a huge success for Joel. He shares how one of his books became a New York Times Best Seller and what it meant to him.
When It Didn’t Work
Joel built his first Website VillageWorld.com in 1995 when there were only 18,000 Websites. By July 2015, the Website Joel built will be 20 years old. Find out what went wrong after Joel built the Website. He quit his job to run a business but nine months in things weren’t working out. His checkbook had under $2. Within a week something happened to turn things around. Find out what it was. Licensing content from his site.
- It’s all about engaging.
- Leverage the power of social media or miss out on where the conversation is.
- You don’t have to be on all the social platforms.
- Find the social platform sites that you like using and where people are engaging with you.
- Invite people into your community (tribe).
- Create valuable content and give it away.
- You must have content that gives people information about your service/product not just a
- Website that’s a brochure.
- Be real with who you are. Don’t wear a business hat and a personal hat, just be you.
World Village (Joel’s first site)