Lou Mongello left his IT company and profession as a lawyer to pursue his passion writing and broadcasting all about Walt Disney World. Find out how he became an award-winning podcaster and built a brand around Disney.
Lou Mongello is a widely recognized Walt Disney World author, expert, host, speaker and entrepreneur. He is the host/producer of WDW Radio (http://WDWRadio.com), which has been named Best Travel Podcast for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, the author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books, “102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World,” and the author/narrator of Audio Tours of Walt Disney World. Lou is the founder of the Dream Team Project (http://DreamTeamProject.org), which sends children with life-threatening illnesses to Disney World. Lou was a successful lawyer and owner of an IT consulting company in New Jersey, before leaving them behind to pursue his passion and share it with others. He is now an internationally-recognized expert on Disney, and is a featured speaker and consultant who shares with businesses, individuals and groups the magic of Disney and/or the power of new and social media, podcasting, entrepreneurship, and building your business and brand.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney (Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse.)
Success Tip or Quote
Stay hungry. Lou lives by the another Disney quote “Always keep moving forward.”
Taking a leap of faith and leaving his good job, full-time career and following his passion.
When It Didn’t Work
Lou didn’t build a team early on. So he spent too much time doing things that were a drain on his time. Hear what he says about why and how you should build a team from the start, even if you’re a solopreneur. Lou also shares where you can find quality team members who are ready and willing to help you.
- Turn to your community for support.
- Use community platforms like Fiverr, oDesk, and your own Facebook fans to find people who can help you build your brand.
- Be a Media company.
- You must do what you love especially if you’re going to be creating content.
- Think about how you can sustain it and determine what you’re trying to create.
- Start doing something today.
- Grow and sustain your content creation by engaging with positive like-minded people.
- Join a Mastermind group to get support and accountability.
- You must LOVE your audience. Treat them as friends not fans.
Internet TV Channel