Justin Salhani is a journalist, writer, and producer based between Washington, D.C. and Beirut. He was based in Lebanon full-time from 2010-2015 where he worked as a freelancer and on staff with The Daily Star, Now Lebanon, and as the Lebanon Correspondent for The Atlantic Post. Justin has written for numerous publications including Vice, Al Jazeera, The Washington Post, LA Times, Christian Science Monitor, The Atlantic, and more. He has also produced two documentaries, one for Vice News that received over 800,000 views to date.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“There has never been so much experimentation and innovation in journalism. I see this era as a renaissance of creativity in media and journalism.” –Richard Gingras, Senior Director News & Social Products, Google.
Be defiant. Do things your way. Push forward.
Making one of his documentaries that has had more than 800,000 views on the Web.
- Narratives are a great way to captivate people.
- Build trust through a human element.
- Think a journalist and report unbiased news. Bring balance to your writing.
- Make your content relatable.
- Search for a good story and write a strong lead that draws people in.
- Connect by telling stories that are focused on people and their emotions.
- Mix sound and emotional stories to intrigue audiences.
Laptop and smartphone
This American Life