Cathlyn Choi shares how to build your personal brand. At a young age, she grew her Korean startup to a million in revenue and became the media’s go-to expert. Plus, how to turn your passion into your career using online video.
Cathlyn Choi is recognized by her fans and media as the Korean Food and Cultural Ambassador, Cathlyn is a TV personality and media marketing professional. Since 2008, she has hosted and produced 4 seasons of her popular PBS cooking show, “Cathlyn’s Korean Kitchen,” and recently Asian Voices, featuring Asian culture, community, business, lifestyle and entertainment in Southern California. Cathlyn is the co-owner of Carma Media & Entertainment a digital media company specializing in providing creative and compelling video marketing business solutions. Cathlyn has an extensive background in international business, development, marketing, TV reporting and hosting…she joins us now to share her expertise.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Storytelling is my currency. It’s my only worth. The only thing of value I have in this life is my ability to tell a story, whether in print, orating, writing it down or having people acting it out. –Kevin Smith
Live in this moment.
Always be humble.
A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” –Rosalynn Carter
Building and growing a hugely successful consulting business that reached a million in revenue and becoming a media go-to expert. Also, learn how her passion for Korean cooking has brought her great success in both the online video world and traditional TV.
When It Didn’t Work
Cathlyn learned the difficult lesson: don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Hear her story and find out what she has done to find correction is direction.
- Video Advice
- Start developing your own video.
- Use a video resume to gain exposure.
- Make your videos creative, fun, and informative.
- Watch other people’s work.
- Remember that you must have your own voice.
- Take constructive criticism to become better.
- Get your videos seen by using social platforms to share your content. Multipurpose the stories into blog posts.
- Subscribe to other people’s channels. Comment on other people’s videos to engage with them.
- Use the appropriate voice for each platform.
- Find ways to interlink them and automate the social platforms.
Plastic Paradise, Documentary
Cathlyn Choi’s Korean Kitchen Show