When I started out in video journalism/brand journalism, video production, website development and social media, I found that I had to search the Web for hours or even days at a time to get the answers I needed. I often I would buy equipment only to find out that it wasn't right for the need I had. I had no way of knowing this except through trial and many errors. I've learned a lot and now can travel any where in the world with gear ranging from high-end to minimalist (but still high quality, thanks to the iPhone.) There are times when you need less to actually get better and more quality footage. I teach you how to do that using your iPhone or smartphone. Today, everyone is a storyteller (or should be!). The world of broadcasting is no longer just for the news Media. You are a brand and you have a story to tell...now let me show you how to create the best story and use the right gear to do it. I've compiled this page of resources for you. Many of these resources are tools that help give my business a competitive advantage and that's why I highly recommend them. Some of the resources have been recommended to me by other thought leaders. I may earn a commission if you use services from some of these affiliate links, but that does not increase the cost of the product/service. I really appreciate you using my links. If you have a question, please contact me by using the Contact page or my Twitter @PhoebeChongchua...is the fastest way to reach me and start a conversation.
Shot with iPhone X, color corrected with iPhone X, touched up with ArcSoft Portrait+
Software & Tools To Help You Publish Like A Pro
Web Hosting: HostGator
The best plugin for opt-in forms for your Website: OptinSkin
Website Landing Page Templates
Landing Pages or complete Website: Optimize Press is one of my favorites. I typically always install it and find that it works great with WordPress. You can very easily build Web pages that attract and help convert leads into sales using Optimize Press. Plus, it's highly affordable, check out their pricing here. Two others you can try for landing pages are listed below. I've heard good things but haven't used them: GetResponse, Instapage
Website Theme Templates: Envato
These days beautiful, fully responsive Websites can be made fairly quickly and simply by starting out with the best template. Finding Website templates used to be a huge chore but today, I find them easily using one of my favorite marketplaces. Envato. Here Are Five Key Tips To Consider Before Purchasing A Website Template:
- Make sure you know which Website builder platform you plan to use the template on before you buy it. For instance, is it WordPress or Squarespace?
- Understand what the template can and can't do for you. This is specially important if you're not a Web developer and want to use it basically "as-is".
- Read the reviews and preview the working template. This will give you a better understanding of what it may do for your Website.
- Check to see how responsive the developer is to comments and questions. Many times, I've emailed the developer, not all are responsive but some do a fabulous job of helping out and answering questions.
- Check to see how engaged the developer is and how often the developer updates the template. If your Website builder platform upgrades, will the template continue to work with it?
Listen to the podcast that gives brands a competitive advantage. Each episode is packed with tangible tips on marketing, social media tools, entrepreneurship, creating greater ROI, and inspiration to build a thriving brand. Learn to be the Media and publish content that gives your business a competitive advantage.