Joey Bushnell is an entrepreneur with practical advice on producing content and then getting that content seen on the Web. In this episode, he gives tips on social media and producing high-quality, unique content that people can relate to.
Joey Bushnell is a savvy Internet marketing consultant based in the UK. After spending years learning from some of the best experts in the industry, he has top knowledge experience that helps businesses understand and utilize social media marketing strategies. He helps gain more traffic and leads, increase email lists, and overall online exposure. Through a mentoring relationship or service packages, Joey can teach you or do it for you.
Share this Show
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“People share, read, and generally engage more with any type of content when it’s surfaced through friends they know and trust.” ~Malorie Lucich, a former FaceBook representative.
Blog post called “182 Greatest Copywriters of the Modern Age” was a huge success
When It Didn’t Work
Joey didn’t use iTunes when he first launched his podcast because he wasn’t using it. Today, his podcast is on iTunes and he realized that just because he wasn’t (at the time) using a directory service or social platform doesn’t mean that his brand shouldn’t be there.
Brand Journalism Advice
- To get your content seen, be on social media channels whether you’re currently using them or not.
- Connect with people where they are: social media platforms.
- Let people connect with you and make it easy to share your content.
- Make content that is memorable and evokes emotion.
- Use Google Hangouts.
- Invite experts to write blog posts on your Website. Listen to find out why you should NOT use popular guest bloggers.
- Hire writers/journalists to contribute content on your Website.
- SEO is not dead but it’s changing a lot. Check references and make sure that the SEO company has recent success results. Google changes its algorithms so frequently that what worked even a year ago, may not work today.
- Create unique high-quality content. That’s what Google wants. People will share that content.
- Link-builing is not as relevant to get a higher rank. Today, Google will give more weight to “social media” signals.
Multimedia Book, Documentary, Channel
Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think Steven Kotler and Peter H. Diamandis
TBJA BONUS#1 John Lee Dumas: Igniting The World Of Podcasting (Youtube Video & Audio Podcast)
Share this Show