Jason Will is the co-founder of Zipkick, a startup that’s changing the travel industry and making it easier on travelers. Find out the obstacles he faced and overcame to launch the company.
Jason Will is the co-founder and CEO of Zipkick, which personalizes the travel search and booking experience. As a former consultant who traveled on a weekly basis, Jason wondered why every search required interacting with scroll bars, sorting features and check boxes to find the best travel options. Zipkick makes mobile travel search simple and convenient by only showing results that matter to you. Each travel search customizes results in seconds on your behalf. We make travel search easy. Just tell us when and where and we’ll take care of the rest. As you continue to use Zipkick, the results become even more personalized, saving you time and ensuring the most relevant options are shown without any clutter. Less time booking your travel so you can spend more time enjoying it. Prior to starting Zipkick, Jason was shaped to be an entrepreneur as a result of working for several family businesses before completing his BA from the University of Minnesota. Prior to starting Zipkick, Jason’s passion for technology led to seven years of global software deployments spanning from large scale ERP systems to Business Intelligence. Jason is passionate about travel and couldn’t imagine a more exciting time than now to make an impact on an industry that’s about to undergo a monumental shift from desktop to mobile. Jason’s entrepreneurial mission is comprised of building genuine relationships and paying it forward. Those are the values he lives by on a daily basis.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
Success Tip or Quote
When It Didn’t Work
Hear how Jason overcame obstacles and the NOs he heard before he launched Zipkick. Find out what went wrong and how he found the key to helping build his company.
Business & Entrepreneur Advice
- Love what you do.
- Test your concept before you get to deep into the business.
- Use focus groups to see if you idea is marketable.
- Be able to take NO over and over again but find another way.
- Create a brand that people want to be a part of–an image that makes consumers feel like they must be part of that brand.
- Know your story and be able to tell it.
- Use a global ambassador to boost your brand using social media.
- Create greater online visibility by answering your customers’ questions.
- Talk mostly about what’s helpful to your customers and then occasionally market to them. Give, give, give.
- Have an authentic voice: online and in person.