Anne Buehner shares case studies from major brands that are using content marketing and brand journalism. Hear how an ASICS campaign created huge success and help create social buzz. Learn how to create social buzz in this episode.
Anne Buehner leads the Social Media and Content Marketing practice at Red Door Interactive, a data-driven marketing agency. Anne has spearheaded award-winning social media campaigns for brands like ASICS America, Charlotte Russe and Garden Fresh Corp. Armed with a degree in creative writing and background in PR, she helps brands develop meaningful, authentic, engaged communities and strategically tell their story across channels and platforms through compelling content. She has written for Mashable and also regularly speaks about social media and content marketing on panels and in workshops.
Think Like A Journalist Excerpt
“Storytelling that works is all about telling your story in a context that gets people thinking about their own lives.” Excerpt from an article called: How 3 Big Brands Use Storytelling to Make Everyday Products Exciting by Chelsea Adams
Try your best.
Anne got into social media via public relations. She pitched the owner of a small public relations firm that she was working for and started a social media offering at the agency. She then made a jump to her current job in social media at Red Door Interactive and is leading up efforts to grow the brand.
When It Didn’t Work
Anne says she has a tendency to under communicate. Find out how that hurt her business and what she did to fix the problem.
- What are people searching for online.
- What stories are drawing attention and performing online.
- Never operate in a silo.
- Understand why and what you’re trying to accomplish with content marketing
- Don’t jump in without a plan.
- Define your audience.
- Content marketing/brand journalism is not just about selling a product; it’s about connecting with your audience.
- Be prepared to do trial and error. You will have to test content marketing to see what resonates with your audience.
- ASICS goal was to create buzz. They used infographics that was incredibly shareable.
- Think about creating moments that inspire audiences to create their own content and share along the same theme.