Erin Smith is an entrepreneur who left her corporate job and found success in two other businesses she started. Today she teaches other people how get their start. Find out what she says is key for success. Find out what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
Erin Smith is an entrepreneur and podcaster of The Starter’s Club. Previously she worked in Corporate America in her 20s and only dreamed of climbing the corporate ladder. But in 2002, she read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and it changed the course of her life. Since then she’s started and sold several businesses including a mobile tanning business, as well as helped other businesses launch their products. She teaches courses showing people how to start and grow their business
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge.” Robert Kiyosaki
Hear how Erin finally confronted her fear and left corporate America to do what she loves.
When It Didn’t Work
Erin didn’t research a person or the industry before she hired someone to help build her business. Find out how this became a very bad move and what she did to turn the situation around.
- Research the jobs you are hiring for and understand their job.
- Take the time to ask and listen to your future employee or independent contractor.
- Get involved. Don’t be afraid. Meet with the contractor so you both can be on the same page.
- You must have passion to build a business.
- Be genuine and authentic and do the business because you love it.
- Build a strong network.
- Know your ideal client and be specific about who you help.
- Go for niche. Too broad will make you unappealing. It will attract a more appropriate client.
Book, Documentary, Podcast, Internet Channel