He started blogging in 1998 and today is thriving in the online world. Bestselling author and entrepreneur, Chris Brogan on blogging, entrepreneurship & spirituality. You don’t want to miss this episode.
Chris Brogan explores how people use content and community to build marketplaces around areas of belonging. He is CEO of Owner Media Group, a highly sought after professional speaker and the New York Times bestselling author of eight books and counting, including his forth coming book, Belong: A Framework for Embracing Community, Driving the Economy and Building the Future.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Social media is your embassy and a good website is your home country. Your owned content is greater than Facebook’s algorithms.” –Jim Rosenberg, Chief digital strategist at Unicef.
“Do not go wherever the road may lead but go where there is no road and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Chris got into blogging before anyone really understood it. He was blessed and worked hard. That lead him to great success with very large brands. Hear his story.
When It Didn’t Work
Chris shares his philosophy on success and failure. Hear how he views entrepreneurship.
Chris Brogan On Blogging, Entrepreneurship & Spirituality
- Make the buyer the hero.
- Entrepreneurship is alive and well.
- Attachment kills. Keep moving forward in your business and don’t become too attached to the successes or failures.
- Make your Website your home-base. Share your content from there.
- You must have your own online presence.
- Blogging facilities faster growth of your online presence.
- Continue to network and build relationships online and in the real world.
- The job of brands is to connect with a community and serve them well.
Chris mentioned an article on home-based outposts, check it out here.