Angela Tague talks about how to connect with consumers to build trust and how freelance writers can get great leads through social media. She also shares how she had to overcome health challenges to keep her business thriving.
Angela Tague has been working in news writing and photography since 1998. Continuing her passion, today, she is a freelancer and blogger of Web Writing Advice where she helps teach other tips and tricks to make writing online enjoyable, profitable, and successful. In 2012, Angela was named writer of the year by Skyword, a global marketing company.
Share this Show
Think Like A Journalist Quote
You have to put yourself out there daily.
Whole foods diet and daily exercise
Recognized by Skyword as writer of the year (2012).
When It Didn’t Work
Most important part of being an entrepreneur is staying on track. When first starting out on her own, Angela was not as self-motivated or focused as she should have been. Find out what she did to turn her business around.
Brand Journalism Advice
- Study your audience.
- Write content that offers solutions.
- Don’t sit behind your computer all day long; exercise to stimulate creativity.
- Don’t abuse social media. Be a friend. Be social. “It’s a two-way conversation.”
- Talk to brands on social media to engage them and get assignments.
- Write reviews and share the review with companies that you would like to work with.
Think Like A Journalist
Draw from marketing techniques that work well in successful compaigns. Create a blog and start writing contant and build the company’s social media.
Multimedia Book, Documentary, Channel
A lot of daily news media will disappear or downsize. User-generated content will dominate lives.
Share this Show