Amani Channel is a broadcaster, an educator, an award-winning storyteller, a video producer, and a communications professional. He helps brands, nonprofits, individuals and students tell traditional and digital stories. During his career he’s worked as a news reporter, PR practitioner, content/community manager, media consultant, and video producer. Amani provides media consulting and corporate storytelling services through Visual Eye Media. He co-founded Web Video Chefs where he delivers recipes for great videos. Amani has managed digital and broadcast PR campaigns for brands including Visa and Coca-Cola. In 2010 Amani earned his Master of Arts from the University of South Florida with his thesis: “Gatekeeping and Citizen Journalism: A Qualitative Examination of Participatory Media.”
Share this show.
Think Like A Journalist Quote
“Content is the voice of your brand, and it is therefore important to the respect, investment, and focus it requires. Creating great content is difficult and delivering great content consistently through established processes is complex. However, this is what is required if you want to take your brand from good to great in today’s communication environment.” ~James Eddie Glenn
Brand Journalism Advice
- Find the story angle.
- Stories need beginning, middle, and end.
- Consider using celebrity talent; it can help attract traditional media coverage.
- Create something different; focus on the story and what people are interested in.
- Consistently creating content increases ability to be discovered.
- Find niche bloggers and contact them to become brand ambassadors.
- Know your limitations. If you don’t have the skill set you need, hire a professional.
Think Like A Journalist
Use brand journalism as a method of turning the company around from the inside out.
Multimedia Book, Documentary, Internet Channel
Brand Journalism Sites
Share this show.