Hi I’m Phoebe Chongchua. A brand journalist with Live Fit Films. It’s time for your weekly “Fit” Business Tip. It’s how we put muscle in your marketing by getting your brand messaging lean and strong.
That’s the sound…Time to wake up to a new way of marketing. Storytelling is nothing new to the TV journalist but for many companies the concept is completely foreign. They’re still in the old-school thought of using repetitive marketing slogans and junk-food jargon which amounts to nothing more than meaningless marketing phrases that ultimately deliver little value and information.
An equation that’s becoming popular today is EC = MC. Every company can be it’s own Media Company. These forward-thinking companies use brand journalists to tell their corporate stories in a way that appeals to consumers. The top reasons brand journalism is being used are: to educate customers (49%), to retain customers (26%), and enhance brand loyalty (14%)…according to a survey by Custom Content Marketing.
So, here are five ways you can take your brand into the spotlight and become your own media publishing company without traditional media attention.
- Think like a news journalist…and more specifically a brand journalist, a reporter who writes about companies from a news perspective. In other words, look for the real newsworthy hook about your brand.
- Consistently create informational and educational quality content using Video News Stories, articles and brand-photo journalism about your company’s industry rather than just a myopic story about your product or service. Make sure the stories have a news hook.
- Turn part of your staff meetings into “news” content meetings. Ask your staff to think like newsroom journalists and brainstorm ideas to create an editorial calendar of upcoming story coverage.
- Tease your audience. Share your editorial calendar with your web visitors. Let them know to be on the watch for the next interesting story.
- Repurpose your content (Video News Stories and articles) for multimedia platforms from the Web to TV to print to radio and social media networks. Create your content once and then make it work for you over and over again. That’s putting muscle in your marketing.
Turning your company into a media company creates an alluring appeal and becomes a valuable reason for consumers to follow you and your brand. However, your storytelling and messaging must not only be lean and strong but also have a fresh news perspective that offers resourceful information. And, you must regularly produce content. I’m Phoebe Chongchua…that’s your “Fit” business tip to get your brand in shape and put muscle in your marketing. Have a great week!
Phoebe Chongchua is a multimedia Brand Journalist who teaches: Think Like A Journalist, To Increase Your Bottom Line. She is also the Host of The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast which features interviews with thought leaders from around the globe on marketing, brand journalism, and entrepreneurship. After 15 years in TV News as an Anchor/Reporter, Phoebe founded PCIN.TV. The Internet TV Station airs video stories from her online publications: Live Fit Magazine and The Plant-Based Diet as well as curates content from other sources. As a brand storyteller, Phoebe produces business videos, articles, and photos to engage consumers and create brand evangelists. Learn more:TheBrandJournalismAdvantage.com
Contact Phoebe to get started on your Brand Strategy.