Why a book is not should I do it but a MUST for business. How you never have to do old-school advertising, let your book sell YOU. Author and marketing expert on book publishing, Penny Sansevieri shares the inside scoop.
Penny C. Sansevieri, Founder and CEO Author Marketing Experts, Inc., is a best-selling author and internationally recognized book marketing and media relations expert. She is an Adjunct Professor teaching Self-Publishing for NYU.
Her company is one of the leaders in the publishing industry and has developed some of the most innovative Social Media/Internet book marketing campaigns. She is the author of fourteen books, including How to Sell Your Books by the Truckload on Amazon and Red Hot Internet Publicity, which has been called the “leading guide to everything Internet.”
AME has had dozens of books top bestseller lists, including those of the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal.
Listen to this excerpt about short is the new long!
— Phoebe Chongchua (@PhoebeChongchua) June 14, 2017
I grew up in Belgium! (US born, moved there with my mom when I was 10)
“You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” –Jack London, “White Fang.”
Success Quote or Tip
Do what you love and you’ll never work another day in your life.
Penny was laid off twice in one year. After the second time, she felt like a loser. Find out how this turned into her career highlight.
When It Didn’t Work
Going from being laid off to an entrepreneur. Hear the journey.
Top Tips How To Build Your Business With A Book
- Short is the new long. Your book can be under 100 pages. 27,000 words is the new sweet spot.
- Use your blog and your content that you’ve created.
- Get a good editor to compile the book.
- Get out of your own way. Find your audience’s pain points and solve those problems.
- What are your goals for writing a book?
- Understand what the book can do for you: more speaking, more business, turn it into a webinar, a product, or a series of books.
- You need more than one book. Consider a series of books on a topic.
- Don’t self-design your cover.
- Market to your mailing list. Go to your tribe. Books take time to gain exposure.
- Put your books on Amazon. Make sure your book description and keywords are solid.
What is one piece of technology, video, multimedia equipment, or app that you just can’t live without?
One book, documentary, blog, podcast, or Internet Channel to watch?
Get a free audiobook when you try Audible free for 30 days: www.audibletrial.com/TBJApodcast
OR to get a physical copy of the book…click the book title.
It’s an Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you more but it will send me a few coins to keep on building our crazy good content here. 🙂
Mentioned In This Episode
Thanks For Listening
I know that you have many choices when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, I want to say THANK YOU for choosing The Brand Journalism Advantage.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, I would love a review…it just takes a minute to share your opinion and rating for The Brand Journalism Advantage podcast on iTunes. Your review means a lot to me and helps others find my show. The reviews also help with the ranking of this show and they reviews are always read by me.
Please remember to subscribe to The Brand Journalism Advantage on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!