Building Online Presence With Brand Journalism, Video Storytelling & Brand Marketing
Asian Culture and Media Alliance or ACMA hosted a panel discussion during a media industry mixer with three powerful Asian American women in media.
This panel is moderated by Cathlyn Choi, Founder and Executive Director of ACMA, also the host and producer of Asian Voices TV show, with special guests Angela Chee TV personality and media coach Angela Chee and Phoebe Chongchua, brand journalist.
Creating content that stands out.
Innovative marketing strategies.
Giving brands a Competitive Advantage.
Consulting that solves brand marketing problems for the lifestyle, home improvement, health, lifestyle & travel industries.
Content Creation, Coaching & Consulting On Brand Storytelling & Digital Marketing To Capture Consumer & Media Attention...
Listen To Interviews On The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast
TBJA 365 How to Become A Recognized Expert, Dorie Clark January 18, 2017
TBJA 363 Top Trends Impacting SMBs In 2017, Gene Marks January 13, 2017
Attract The Right Clients
Learn to tell powerful stories, build your social media following, and grow your business and your personal brand.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
REVIEWS: See What's Being Said About The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast
- Great guests too!January 7, 2017 by pearl@interviewsthatconvert from Philippines
Good podcast to listen to for building your own business. Great guests too!
- Highly professional and informativeDecember 15, 2016 by Tina D from StartSomething from United States
Phoebe's incredible professionalism and obvious expertise as a broadcaster makes the show incredibly valuable. I can't believe how much she packs and do a half hour!
- Incredible, Actionable AdviceDecember 13, 2016 by ConversionChris from United States
Phoebe is a master of journalism, and her show has a great format that is short, actionable, and relevant every time. Great show!
- Love what I learnNovember 1, 2016 by Hi9357965 from United States
Phoebe does a great job interviewing guests who have fabulous suggestions for growing business. Sometimes their topics don't directly relate to my business but that's where the most creative ideas I get are generated. Love it!
- Founder of That One Creative StudioOctober 18, 2016 by ThatOneCreativeStudio from United States
Phoebe is an engaging, personable, knowledgeable professional. Her podcast is super informative and packed with tips from the best guests ever!
- Such great adviceOctober 11, 2016 by jay13467 from United States
This is a really smart show for anyone in business. The guests are super insightful, and I'm always impressed by the broad range of experiences and expertise that they bring.
- Shows the new way to do businessSeptember 29, 2016 by Cloris Kylie from United States
The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast has become one of my favorites. Phoebe Chongchua keeps the conversation going at a great pace, and makes sure that all guests share actionable strategies you can use to grow your business in this new competitive era. This podcast is a powerful resource to give us that extra edge we need to differentiate ourselves. 5 stars!
- Show listener and guestSeptember 21, 2016 by Mark Sanborn from United States
This is an excellent program with well crafted questions and useful insights.
- Excellent PR ProfessionalSeptember 19, 2016 by KeepinUpWKrista from United States
Phoebe Chongchua is a fearless PR professional who crafts compelling stories that offer tremendous value to business leaders.
- Unique and usefulAugust 19, 2016 by Sam3Allen from United States
Phoebe's podcast covers a lot of different topics with a a wide range of diverse guests. I enjoyed being a part of episode 301 and can't wait to hear more!
- Awesome host!August 17, 2016 by Raubi Perilli from United States
Phoebe is a pro host that runs this show like a well oiled machine. Great content and great conversations!
- Fantastic podcast!August 13, 2016 by CA5H212 from United States
Very informative and thoughtfully laid out show. Chockfull of relevant information! 10/10 recommend!
- Informative and FunAugust 11, 2016 by K8Tilton from United States
This is a great podcast for those in marketing in this new digital age. I highly recommend it!
- ExcellentJune 22, 2016 by Eliot Wagonheim from United States
Wonderful podcast with tremendous insight. This is a must-listen.
- A must-listen for content marketersJune 7, 2016 by Anne Janzer from United States
Listening to this podcast may be the fastest and most enjoyable way to spark your marketing smarts. Phoebe conducts lively interviews, and is both insightful and attuned to today's marketing environment. I'm a fan.
- Informative & EntertainingMay 19, 2016 by Tmnbets from Canada
What a great podcast. Phoebe does an amazing job. I really like the format and I have greatly enjoyed the guests that she has had on. Looking forward to hearing the next one. @toddmnoftall
- In-depth and insightfulMay 18, 2016 by Eliot Wagonheim from United States
Phoebe has a penchant for selecting great guests and eliciting incredible value for her listeners. Not only are the guests insightful, but Phoebe's questions and follow ups always provide immediate value. Excellent podcast.
- Incredible format - A must-listen for brands and small businesses!April 15, 2016 by @JosephRanseth from Canada
The format for this podcast is incredibly practical, as well as entertaining. Instead of just chatting with her guests for half an hour, she has incredibly poignant segments and questions that pack in so much content in such a small amount of time. Highly recommended for any brand or small business that wants practical tips to implement to grow their business now. A fantastic model for any podcaster to follow as well!
- Really love this show!March 31, 2016 by Martin Shervington from United Kingdom
And great to have been a guest as well. Phoebe is truly brilliant at what she does. Recommended.
- Taking Brand Journalism to the Next LevelMarch 30, 2016 by wmharris101 from United States
Phoebe does a great job of helping brand journalists realize their full potential. She invites the best guests on her show and gives them actionable bits that individuals can actually digest and use right away.
- What a wonderful podcastMarch 16, 2016 by Staffnutz from United States
Such great stuff packed in each episode
- Pure excellence!March 15, 2016 by dustinwstout from United States
Phoebe is a pro and knows what she’s talking about. As an aspiring podcaster (some day) I have learned a lot from listening to Phoebe so far!
- Very informative and helpful podcast!!February 16, 2016 by B h a k t from United Kingdom
Podcast has great question format that makes the show very informative and helpful. One of the best podcasts I've ever heard.
- Terrific Content!February 12, 2016 by LLSilverman from United States
I first became familiar with The Brand Journalism Advantage when I was asked to be a guest. Beforehand, I listened to numerous podcasts. Each was fascinating and educational in its own right. Phoebe is a consummate host — she’s sincerely interested, listens well, and is thoughtful and gracious in her comments. She brings out the best in each of her guests. Which only benefits us as consumers of her podcasts. I will definitely be making these podcasts a part of my regular online learning.
- Love this podcastFebruary 10, 2016 by Bryan Kramer from United States
So helpful, detailed and educational. Bravo!!
- President of Oliver RussellJanuary 28, 2016 by orstoddard from United States
Phoebe’s a pro - she interviews a broad and interesting class of entrepreneurs, and she always seems to be able to tease gems of wisdom from her interview subjects.
- Great content! Incredible host.December 2, 2015 by Lisa Steadman from United States
As a guest of the show, I was blown away by Phoebe’s professionalism, polish, expertise, and insights. She knows her audience and celebrates their smarts by delivering tremendous value in every interview. I’m a new fan!
- Excellent advice and motivation for content marketersNovember 25, 2015 by JasonFalls from United States
I’ve enjoyed every episode I’ve listened to! Great advice and experiences to learn from across a wide swath of backgrounds. The tips and ideas are very useful. Definitely one of my top content marketing podcasts to listen to!
- Excellent ShowNovember 13, 2015 by Wendy Marx from United States
Phoebe is a terrific interviewer and brings out the best in her guests. I was recently privileged to be a guest on her show and she was great about synthesizing my thoughts about PR. I am now a subscriber and eager listener!
- President, Marx CommunicationsNovember 11, 2015 by Wendy Marx from United States
A Gem of a Show Phoebe is a wonderful interviewer and brings out the best in her guests. She asks the questions you want to hear the answers to. I was privileged to recently be a guest on her show and she was able to drill down to the essence of what I had to say. Highly recommend the show!
- Substance and StyleOctober 8, 2015 by Andy Crestodina from United States
Within a minute, you’ll hear what a pro Phoebe is. A few minutes later, you’ll hear the kind of practical substance that makes a great podcast irresistible. There are so many things that marketers can learn from the journalist mindset. Listen in as Phoebe and her guests explain it all… This is what a great podcast sounds like.
- Easy listening conversations peppered with interesting stories and useful informationOctober 3, 2015 by PR Warrior from Australia
I listen to heaps of marketing podcasts and TBJA constantly sits near the top of my “what will I listen to today” list. Phoebe’s enthusiasm for the topics of content marketing, brand journalism and thought leadership is genuinely refreshing, and her journalistic background is put to good use as she engages her guests and is able to elicit interesting stories and useful information from them. As an aside, after listening to so many episodes, it was fantastic to recently receive an invitation to be a guest on the show to share my story and ideas with Phoebe’s listeners. If you’re keen to learn more about content marketing and brand journalism from a practical perspective, I recommend you take TBJA podcast for a test drive!
- A valuable resource for an important communityOctober 1, 2015 by Madamejournaliste from United States
Those of us who work at the center of editorial and advertising content know that it's an industry with as much struggle as opportunity; with so many stakeholders in branded content. it can be difficult to do it well. But this podcast highlights the voices who are doing it to great effect, offering useful lessons, actionable tips, helpful resources and a self of community that the industry needs. I highly recommend it for anyone who touched branded content!
- Practical Tips Anyone Can Use!September 27, 2015 by Lane Jones (@ContentWithLane) from United States
Phoebe, thank you for having me as a guest for your podcast. What an honor! I love the quality of your thoughtful questions. What I love about this podcast is I am learning from every one of your guests, and that’s big for me! Thank you for providing such a great resource for entrepreneurs and marketers to get insights and practical tips. You’re fabulous!
- Business development and creator Trapiche GelatoSeptember 26, 2015 by Tatiana Rosado from United States
I am hooked with The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast. I have applied some of the shared knowledge in various proyects including business development for population health management and my own small business, a gelatería. I like the fact that it doesn't have a lengthy intro or feel and Phoebe is a great interviewer.
- Guest and listenerSeptember 23, 2015 by Arniek from United States
I've been a guest of Phoebe's and now I am a loyal listener. Highly recommend you add it to your queue!
- Smart, Relevant Content for Brands and EntrepreneursSeptember 21, 2015 by batiekelle from United States
Whether you're an entrepreneur, a brand or a marketer The Brand Journalism Advantage Podcast is a must for relevant content marketing, public relations, branding and journalism insight. Love the work you're doing Phoebe! Keep it up.
- A real media pro!September 20, 2015 by bernbay from United States
Phoebe is a brand journalist professional. She knows how to interview her guest in a way that tells a story that’s valuable to listeners. Phoebe’s a real pro!
- Phoebe’s Show Is A Diamond In The RoughAugust 26, 2015 by Blake Michelle Morgan from United States
I was interviewed by Phoebe recently on a podcast. She’s a diamond in the rough. Phoebe not only asks good questions, you can tell she is a trained TV and radio personality. She handles herself very well and this is something that takes years to cultivate. She’s addressing the crossroads of storytelling, customer experience, content and branding—something that’s pretty unique today online. Definitely check out her show.
- A Fully Loaded Half HourAugust 12, 2015 by JFryatt from United States
Phoebe is knowledgeable, easy to listen to and professional. She is very aware of her audience and does a great job of guiding guests to share inspiring stories as well as practical tips for content marketing. Great podcast!
- by Beth CasamaAugust 1, 2015 by “FRESH & INNOVATIVE!" from United States
“FRESH & INNOVATIVE!” Phoebe brings a whole new level of passion, creativity & intriguing knowledge to THE BRAND JOURNALISM ADVANTAGE PODCAST. With her dynamic storytelling show format, she engages top industry leaders from ‘unique & diverse’ backgrounds to reveal their powerful stories that shaped their lives & careers…along with impactful “insider” tips & strategies from top branding experts & visionaries from around the globe. She has created a captivating “think tank” that ignites new conversations & possibilities for the present & future of branding.
- Phoebe's Energy Is Addicting!!July 23, 2015 by Josh Trent from United States
New to this podcast and couldn’t be happier about finding it! After finishing up EP 136 with Lon I was captivated by Phoebe’s passion & expertise. She really knows how to get the most out of a guest while making the entire conversation flow smoothly. I just had the pleasure of being interviewed on Phoebe’s show today, so look for our EP in a few weeks! Honored to have been a guest! Josh Trent - Host of Wellness Force Radio
- Great insights on growing brands and businessesJuly 15, 2015 by DD pete from United States
I recently started listening to this podcast, and it's been fantastic. First rate guests so far, and discussing real life lessons and experiences… I have learned a lot in the first few episodes alone… looking forward to more.
- Good show for business brandsJuly 10, 2015 by Richardrad from United States
If you want to stay current and want to know more about building your business brand, this is a really good show. Phoebe keeps the show moving nicely and has stimulating guests.
- This show rocks!June 20, 2015 by DJ Doug Sandler from United States
Professional, easy to listen to and packed with greta info. Thanks Phoebe for being a real PRO! You rock. Combined with a feeling of WOW, this show will take your career into orbit if you follow her advice.
- Ted Rubin, Social Mktg Strategist, Keynote Speaker, Brand Evangelist, Acting CMO Brand InnovatorsJune 13, 2015 by Ted Rubin from United States
Working with Phoebe was an absolute pleasure. She is a true professional who is a master of her craft. Her attention to detail is meticulous and she brings a passion to her work that clearly illustrates her dedication and love for what she does. I look forward to any opportunity to interact with again soon.
- I downloaded iTunes just to give this reviewJune 9, 2015 by tamarw from United States
Solid content. I love the experts Phoebe has brought in! Love the value offered.
- Phoebe's know it all - in a good wayMay 17, 2015 by Sociaksidekick from United States
I met Phoebe this year at Social Media Marketing World 2015 and had a great discussion with her about her business. That lead me to her podcast. What a professional. She's done it, so she knows it. I'm learning from her each episode I listen to and hopefully someday she'll consent to be on my podcast. I just have to get that baby launched first.
- Think Like A JournalistMay 15, 2015 by Jordanc22 from Canada
Love what Phoebe is up to supporting entrepreneurs with quality podcast guests to give great information for others to take their business to the next level! Well done. Keep up the good work!
- Great Resource!!!May 10, 2015 by Adam Behar from United States
Phoebe’s podcast stands out because she doesn’t make it about herself – it’s about her guests, sure, but ultimately it’s about her listeners’ needs. A broadcast journalism veteran, she does a great job of keeping the conversation focused on practical, real-world tips and inspiring stories that help the rest of us get our arms around the new world of branding and content marketing.
- Engaging show!May 5, 2015 by BrianH Ecko from United States
Phoebe as per usual took the time to find high quality guests and ask them exciting questions to ensure the entire show from start to finish is of value. A worthwhile podcast for anyone in the business world looking to get more from their career.
- Phoebe is an Expert InterviewerMay 5, 2015 by AskJamieTurner from United States
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Phoebe not too long ago and can wholeheartedly say that she does a terrific job with her line of questions and her approach to the interview. Phoebe rocks!
- Great ShowApril 6, 2015 by KimberlyCrossland from United States
I listen to quite a few podcasts, and this one regularly tops my “must-hear” list. Phoebe is a great interviewer with a knack for finding compelling guests. I love hearing the stories of other entrepreneurs who learned lessons along their way to success. Every episode offers something new and fresh. ADD THIS TO YOUR SUBSCRIPTION LIST! You won’t regret it.
- Great Show, Great Host!March 4, 2015 by Mr. Anthony Tran from United States
This is a great podcast for all people not just journalist. You can learn a lot about branding, marketing, and leadership from this show. You can tell Phoebe is a journalism professional. Keep it going!
- Zipkick CEOFebruary 18, 2015 by Jason B Will from United States
Phoebe was awesome to work with.
- Fantastic & Informative Approach to BrandingFebruary 17, 2015 by DavidLizerbram from United States
Phoebe’s experience in the media and journalism industries gives her a unique perspective on branding and marketing. She reliably brings on interesting, compelling guests. This podcast will be helpful and inspiring not just to marketers, but to anyone involved in entrepreneurship. I get a lot of value out of it and I’m sure the rest of her growing listener base would agree.
- Fabulous podcast!February 2, 2015 by The Zen Girl from United States
Really love what Phoebe is up to with this podcast -- relevant and inspiring!
- Insightful, well-produced podcast for brand journalistsJanuary 30, 2015 by globalcopywrite from Australia
I first learned of TBJA podcast when Phoebe Chongchua invited me to be a guest on her show. From that experience, I know she does her research and invests a fair bit of time prepping each guest to ensure the conversation provides maximum value to her audience. Since then, I’ve listened to each episode with interest and appreciate Phoebe’s expertise as a broadcaster and reporter. She has a good way of pulling stories out of each person on the show and relating them back to how I can apply them to my job as a brand journalist. I recommend this podcast to anyone working in the brand journalism space.
- Great insight!January 25, 2015 by Schmingling from
I love TBJA because Phoebe is so knowledgeable about branding and journalism that she can ask questions I didn't know I needed to ask.
- Informative and Entertaining!January 8, 2015 by HolidaySt from United States
I’m new to the podcast but already love it! It’s a melting pot of industry professionals that share experiences and knowledge that will surely benefit your growth.
- InspriringDecember 1, 2014 by all4design from United States
Amazing business marketing show with relevant information on personal development, and overall success stories to inspire all!
- TBJA Podcast is a Force MultiplierOctober 18, 2014 by zip808hi from United States
This podcast does an excellent job of explaining brand journalism. TBJA acts as a force multiplier to success by combining brand journalism info, how to implement brand journalism in social media and valuable interviews with experienced entrepreneurs. I love the Think Like a Journalist Quote and Success Tip sections from the guests. Nothing better than to hear tips from people that have “been there, done that…and succeeded!” I’ve gained valuable knowledge listening to these interviews - so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel with my own projects. The “Selling the Moon” episode really made the point that brand journalism isn’t just about selling a product, but is also very important for selling a point, a program or concept. Perfect timing for businesses and entrepreneurs! Thanks!
- Loving this!!October 18, 2014 by JennyMarzo from United States
Congrats Phoebe! Loving your podcast!!
- Helping to re-focus the messageOctober 2, 2014 by StevenInReno from United States
This is a very informative series by a true broadcast professional. I have had the pleasure of friendship and professional collaboration with Phoebe in the past. Her information is relevant and useful because she’s a hands-on story-teller herself. I create environmental films and stories that impact our planet, as well as effecting social and political change. Her interviews have served me to re-focus on my own messages and that is always useful!
- LalaBSeptember 29, 2014 by Lally5 from United States
Congrats on your podcast Phoebe! So impressed and loving the valuable info.
- SeanBrosSeptember 24, 2014 by SEAN BROSNAN from United States
Outstanding stuff Phoebe. Brand journalism is definitely important for businesses, most of them just don't get it...we are over being sold with advertising! Brand strengthening and reputation is the best marketing you can do!
- Awesome showSeptember 24, 2014 by LarDog02 from United States
I'm glad to have found your show. Super informative and valuable for my business!
- Great Podcasts!September 24, 2014 by CJP2014 from United States
Phoebe, I'm loving your podcasts. I finally understand brand journalism and why it is so important for businesses and brands. Keep up the good work!
- Always the best!September 23, 2014 by Mindjedi from United States
When it comes to brand journalism, Phoebe is top notch. With her team of experts, she'll take you to your next destination destination - success!
- Excellent podcast!!September 21, 2014 by BValois from United States
This is a great to inform the public without bombarding them with ads and sale pitches. Brand Journalism is the future of media news and Phoebe is great at it!
- Brand JournalismSeptember 19, 2014 by Rdel66 from United States
Loved this Phoebe! Thanks for guiding me on my new journey! Appreciate all that you are sharing 🙂
- The age of advocacy is transforming with new technologySeptember 18, 2014 by Dan Hare from United States
I remember back in the 80’s when space ads was a big part of marketing so many business. No more! Now its about engagement. Its about transparent ‘advocacy’ where the media isn’t looking for dirt but rather solutions to viewers needs. This sector will be increasingly the way of the future!
- Great Interviews for the Changing Times in Digital MediaSeptember 18, 2014 by LeonM2112 from United States
Phoebe is ahead of the curve when it comes to Digital Media. I love here Ono on One interviews with current movers and shakers. These people are shaping the next generation of advertising and marketing. Keep the shows comming ........
- Brand Journalism Advantage podcastsSeptember 18, 2014 by BWiss from United States
Thank you for a wealth of information presented in a skillful format. The guests are exceptional and I appreciate Ms. Chongchua's approach, questions, the direction she guides the talk(s.) In my opinion, anyone's communication & marketing efforts can benefit from this insightful resource.
- Genius!September 18, 2014 by AshleyAnderson from United States
These podcasts are so informative and shed such a unique light on both business and brand journalism. Have learned so much much from you already! Definitely worth listening to every week!
- Love the Show. Wonderful Topic !September 18, 2014 by Hollywood 4444 from United States
I just loved this. it is about time someone did something on Brand Journalism.
- She is the consummate pro!September 18, 2014 by Shree Greggy from United States
I am delighted to find that Phoebe has yet one more avenue (podcasting) to share her wealth of knowledge. I have had the pleasure of working personally with Phoebe in the past. She has helped mentor me as I develop my own video-marketing business. Her expertise on the topic is first rate!
- Great Brand Journalism Vehicle!September 18, 2014 by TurboJazz from United States
Phoebe, this is great. I've been aware of how powerful digital media communication is for years, and your Podcast is a perfect way to connect and share this valuable information, focussed on Brand Journalism. Looking forward to hearing more shows.
- Keeping Businesses Transparent to Achieve 5* ratings!September 18, 2014 by Nomar007 from United States
I know Phoebe it's a great professional journalist with incredible expertise in the Brand Journalism industry who's helping good businesses to become great businesses by staying trasparent and consisntently delivering top notch customer service and most important, educating consumers with the latest and most current information and helping with their buying decisions.
- Vital Marketing Information for BusinessesSeptember 18, 2014 by mary.magenta from United States
I love the fresh perspective on new media marketing. I’m so tired of hearing commercials that simply sell to you. Great analysis, Phoebe! Looking forward to more podcasts.
- Finally...Brand Journalism Explained!September 18, 2014 by JohnP007 from United States
Advertising is out, brand journalism is in! Finally, a marketing strategy thanks sells product and service, without the hard pitch! I'm loving the interviews Phoebe. Can't wait to hear your upcoming shows!
- Great business informationSeptember 17, 2014 by Jenl2166 from United States
Very helpful to learn about brand journalism from phoebe. There's strategies that will be helpful for me and many others. Highly recommended.
- Awesome show!!September 17, 2014 by Siena3333 from United States
Great information and incredibly helpful marketing tips! I really enjoyed the show.
- The Brand Journalism Advantage PodcastSeptember 16, 2014 by InspiredListener from United States
Great info! Great way to get info on the run. This is the new news! #TBJApodcast
- Love Phoebe!!!September 16, 2014 by Chrisbfromsd from United States
I listen to a lot of different podcasts and Phoebe’s podcast is by far one of the best. She is a brand journalism genius! She is full of wonderful information and can really help you move in a positive direction. Definitely subscribe! Thank me later!
- President of Kdgitital Media MarketingSeptember 16, 2014 by KLaFournaise from United States
Fabulous expert interviews. Phoebe and her counterparts are on the cutting edge of what “Brand Journalism” is and will be directing our future of digital marketing. I am looking forward to listening to more of these wonderful and informative podcasts.